Don’t know about you, but I find it way too easy to get caught up in ‘doing’ in my quest to chase the extraordinary. Life is very fast-paced. Many of us go from task to task from the time we rise to when we lay our heads down. Whether you’ve been stoking your career, are newly or recently married, become a parent, experienced a death or loss, or life is just proceeding as per usual – it’s always a good time to reflect!
You need some silence. Free of interruptions. Time to daydream. So unplug yourself from all your stuff and get started. You can do the following alone, or with your spouse or a friend. Curl up on the couch with a journal (or simply your own heart) and something yummy.
1. REFLECT ON WHAT WAS:
Turn your mind to the past 12 months. Ask yourself:
• What feels complete?
• What needs finishing?
• What needs more of my attention?
• What no longer serves me?
• What ways of being, people, projects, or things do I need to release?
• What were the gifts of the past year that I am thankful for?
If you like, write down the things to release on little pieces of paper. Then burn them in the fireplace or outside. Sometimes I put mine in the ocean. The inherent intent is to not only wish your self to be free of these things, but, to tangibly set that intention. Seriously, it works.
2. TIME TO DAYDREAM
Reflect upon what is important in your life: Fill yourself up with your hopes for what will be.
• What qualities do I want to cultivate?
• What activities do I wish to give more of my thoughts and energy?
• Who are people I want to spend more time with? (Book some dates with them now!)
• What are ways I can nourish my emotional self?
• How can I elevate my creativity and big dreams?
• Pre-book at least one personal ME/US DAY for each month for the next year – and stick to them.
Write down all that you want to devote your energy to in the months ahead. Put your page of intentions someplace safe, where you can return to it as needed for inspiration.
THAT’S A WRAP
You can do the above ritual anytime you have a new beginning or want to move through a difficult time in your life. Many of my clients keep their reflections and use them the next time to see what has changed.
Happy visioning! Dream, Dare Greatly, and Elevate your Life!
With great big love,