A big part of a respectful loving engagement and marriage is enjoying simple lovely moments together. There are ways to nurture romance that require little time or money. In fact, it is most often the small gestures that we see as the true treasures in life, not the big and grand. A little ingenuity can go a long way to keeping your love alive and well.
For instance, Dan and I do “$10 dates” where one person has to figure out how to take the other on a cool date and spend just $10. We remember some of these dates more than fancy dinners out! Don’t let tight schedules keep you from being romantic. Get in the habit of making time NOW or you will begin to take each other for granted.
HERE’S YOUR MISSION –
Make a list of ideas of what you could do for your partner. Don’t edit yourself. Use your creativity! Write down as many as you can. Make a goal of filling one entire page with ideas big and small, free, inexpensive and once-in-a-while treats.
Stuck for ideas? Here are some to get you started.
- Create a CD with music your partner likes.
- When your partner comes home from work make them a cup of tea or pour them a glass of wine while you make dinner.
- Write and hide simple love notes.
- Bring flowers for absolutely no reason and put them on your partner’s bedside table.
- Pour your partner a bubble bath complete with candles and maybe champagne.
- Read poetry or erotica aloud to each other. (Nice!!!)
Vancouver and Whistler’s Modern Celebrant Michele Davidson works with newly engaged couples to create transformational and totally custom wedding ceremonies. She helps couples expand their vision of their ceremony AND their engagement. It’s a one-in-a-lifetime… make it sing!!! Email Michele at Michele@moderncelebrant.ca for Whistler wedding ceremonies and Vancouver wedding ceremonies. She also travels internationally for weddings! Bali anyone?